Monday, April 19, 2010

My "just before I wake up" dreams

Yesterday morning I was using the GPS on my phone. It was dim, and pretty stormy, and I was walking around, holding it out, looking at the map and looking ahead of me, like it was some sort of metal detector. It led me to some sort of island, not tropical, but it was a splintery wooden floor surrounded by crashing waves. Once I got there it was very apparent the waves had cut me off from going back. I wasn't panicked, but I do recall taking note of that. My GPS was technically taking me to Portland. On the splintery wooden floor were boxes, half packed and stacked on top of each other, like a room in the midst of getting ready to go. My friend Leon was there. All I remember was sitting on a couch next to him and firmly putting my hand on his knee, in a way that let him know I was there for him. I miss him a a lot.

This morning I was at my cousin's house. Or, well, it was a big house where both of my cousins happened to be. I needed to do some sort of an interview or survey about what people ate, and I wanted to talk to my cousin Karen. I called, I think from downstairs, and my cousin Adrienne picked up. She went to check on Karen and after doing so, told me that she was asleep. I saw all of that happen in my dream, even though I was technically on the phone downstairs. Adrienne insisted on helping me with the survey, rather adamantly actually, and I was reluctant. She eats really weird things and for some reason I didn't was to write down all of the natural and organic herbal things that are in her diet. But I gave in, and climbed the stairs to the very top floor (she lives on the third story of her real house when we are all there for Thanksgiving, so this makes sense to me). But the third floor was a giant brightly lit hallway with doors on either side and looked sort of like a mall. I think there was a large plant in the center. I remember I had a rolly suitcase and a large bag of sliced baguette bread about the same size as my suitcase with me. I asked someone which room my cousin was in, and a man who seemed like the landlord pointed me in the right direction. After that all I remember is playing with her son Josh, who was living inside of a large plastic package, the kind that trail mix from Target comes in, but bigger, and there was Asian salad mix in the bag along with him. All of this was normal, Josh was happy. And the overall feeling of the dream was that I relaxed. I was among family.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I like the detail in which you recalled this dream. It seems like it had a real impact on you, like its still lingering as you put the pieces together and discover meaning. I love dreams, and 95% of the time I think they're meaningful, usually with spiritual significance. I hope you figure out what God's trying to tell you.

    ReplyDelete