Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ignore What You Know. Ha!

Here is what I learned today:

You have to play their game. Or, you have to let them play their own game I guess.

I am a fairly intuitive person. I can tell when a guy likes me. And because I am a "why waste time" kind of girl, if I see it and I like him too, I call him on it, or somehow make him tell me he likes me. I get frustrated with the time lag. So I say stuff, stuff gets messed up (guy gets scared and runs away, or I am in control of the relationship, or we have an epic Clark failure, from here on referred to as an ECF). If I don't like the guy, I ignore the signals in the hopes that they will go away. When in reality that is EXACTLY THE RIGHT THING TO DO because if the guy is going to make a move, he needs time, and will make said move when he is ready. So this is why it seems like only the guys I don't like are the ones with enough courage to ask me out, and why I am left complaining about how no guys I like, like me. Some guys I like do like me, I just rob them of the opportunity to tell me.

It makes so much sense it kills me. Basically, the lesson is: shut your mouth and let things take care of themselves. Even if you know crap, SHUT UP.

Such an eeeeeeaaaaasyyyy lesson.

Wait...is this the meaning of the phrase "Let the man think it was his idea" or whatever? Ugh. There is no justice.

2 comments:

  1. haha, there is justice. and guys will tell you at their opportune moment--and it will be so much better. aka justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience is a virtue...but the longer a man waits the less likely the woman is to let him elevate the romantic part of the relationship.

    The woman can always initiate the chase...but the man still has to chase.

    ReplyDelete