Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Time

Time is a very interesting thing and I tend to be afraid of it. My therapist is trying to get me to slow down, but I perpetually feel like there is so much to be done, how can I possibly get to it all?

I am reading a story for school about a blind man who receives his sight at the age of 50. It talks about how blind people measure distance in the time it takes to get there. People with vision measure distance by the markers we pass along the way. Once this man gained his sight he would stumble a lot because he didn't know how to utilize his new found spacial perception. I thought this was so interesting. Especially considering this is what Jesus does in the bible- just gives a man his sight. Could this man judge distance afterward?

@Jonathonforeman - "Time is the longest distance between two places." -Tennessee Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment