Monday, May 3, 2010

The Shoe

Shoe crisis averted. That stressed me out. I love when I need space, my roommate gives me the wrong shoe so I can leave it in your car, forcing me to talk to you MORE. Oh basket of shoes by front door that I do not even use, why must you cause me such strife?

I am learning I need to stop making my long distance life happen and instead only focus on what is directly within my reach. I grope and grasp for the past because it is familiar, but in the meantime I do not invest in the present. My need for stability and comfort that I believe to be found in some past life I never led and in making that past a reality is what is keeping me from seeing the blessings I have right here, right now. (Run on sentence!!)

So past, leave me be! When you decide to be a part of my present, I will see if I want to invite you back. But that is YOUR choice. Come back if you like, but for now, I will look side to side and forwards. Backwards no more!

This post makes little sense.

1 comment: