Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What I Learned from the Sound of Music

I have often thought about starting a blog. I have been told I should blog. People ask me if I have a blog. I have conversations about blogging. I write blog posts in my head. I actually have a secret blog that I never told anyone about (see if you can find it!).

As a journalism major, you are automatically classified as a writer (duh). But that doesn't mean you're good. It just means you turn in the assignments.

I have never blogged and rarely write because of what I am afraid you'll think and of who you'll compare me to. Growing up in front of a mirror in ballet class sure did wonders for my psychological development.

So here is my disclaimer, probably more for me than for you: I know someone else has already done it better, but here is where I will learn. Here is where I will publicly learn. (Because that's not scary.) Learn about everything from myself to how to set up a beautiful blog site to how to find my voice as a writer. And I'll write about the things I learn throughout my day.

Such as: Coco Chanel was a Nazi sympathizer.

We are going to get so much smarter together. It's gonna be GREAT.

So without further adieu, it's time-- time to start at the very beginning, because from what I hear, it's the very best place to start.

Oh, and here is a video from last winter for your entertainment.



Ummm...and if it doesn't work, I'm sorry? Remember, I really have no idea what's going on here.

<3

4 comments:

  1. You are a great writer, Melanie! Glad to see you stepping out in this. Stay away from the whiskey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the video is unavailable..?

    "who doesn't write blog posts in their head?" -@leannalc17.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was reading the subtitle of your blog and remembered i have a document saved on my computer entitled "silly songs with mel"--we gotta keep it alive!

    ReplyDelete